OPTIMA to showcase award-winning I-Shop at ICEFriday, Jan 20, 2017 12:57
OPTIMA MGS won the Innovation in Retail Betting – Best Retail Betting Product at December’s SBC Awards for its I-Shop product, which had already led to queues of industry experts wanting to try it out at October’s TVC Bookmakers Trade Fair in Solihull.
The product will be one of the centrepieces of OPTIMA’s Stand (N2-310) at this year’s ICE.
Jacob Lopez Curciel, CEO of OPTIMA MGS, commented: “This award given to us by SBC but voted for by the industry as a whole is a reward for my team who worked hard to create the I-Shop. To be recognised by our peers and rivals tells us that OPTIMA has really arrived as one of the leaders in providing systems to our industry.”
Curciel added that OPTIMA was also delighted to be shortlisted for the Best Live Betting Product award as well.
OPTIMA’s I-Shop is the new engagement channel for retail betting shops and allows:
- customers to bet in-venue on their own devices
- increases the volume of in-play betting
- No registration or account needed – Just connect and bet
- No terminals, SST or extra computers required
- Can be deployed to hundreds of shops in hours without any interruption of normal operations
- The Bookmakers can lay their own prices and supply events from their own data feeds.
- There is also a commercial data model – no risk, for the bookmaker, putting pre-event horses or greyhounds through I-shop
Curciel was also pleased to announce that OPTIMA MGS has agreed to sponsor European Tour Golfer Chris Hanson for a second year. “Chris is the perfect ambassador for our brand,” he explained. “His dedication and professionalism are a perfect match with our approach at OPTIMA MGS. Chris had a really good first year on tour with some excellent results and we are proud to be associated with him for the second year and just like OPTIMA MGS the coming year will see even better results.”