Justice League from Playtech: Slot Review - superhero fans rejoice!
Superhero movies are as popular as ever as Marvel and DC look to expand their comic-book franchises by weaving intricate universes in order to create as many spinoff movies as possible. As a result of this, new superhero movies are released on a yearly basis and it does not look like the trend will be slowing down anytime soon. This latest release from software giants Playtech was launched to coincide with the recent release of the blockbuster DC movie Justice League. This movie is DC’s equivalent to the smash hit Marvel Avengers movies as it focuses on the most popular DC superheroes who need to put their differences aside and team up together to take on an unstoppable enemy who is hellbent on taking the Earth all for himself. Get ready to unite the league and join Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash as they battle to save our world.
Justice League is a 5 reel slot game with 40 paylines and includes Free Spins, Respins, Stacked Wilds and 4 Progressive Jackpots.
Top Casinos for Justice League
The first feature to mention is the obligatory Wild symbol and it is illustrated by the slick looking Justice League logo. This symbol substitutes for all other symbols except the Scatter symbol to help form winning combinations. It is also the most valuable symbol in the game as if you land 5 of these symbols on an active payline then you will receive a superhero-sized payout of 750 coins! Along with each Superhero symbol, the Wild can appear fully stacked on the reels.
The Superhero Respin feature is a random event that occurs in the main game. When activated, a frame will turn bright red on the reels and when 1 of the Superhero symbols lands in it then it will become Wild and give players another spin. It is actually possible to land 5 consecutive Respins in a row with this nifty feature but this will only happen as long as different Superheroes keep on turning Wild.
The standout attraction of Justice League is the Free Spins bonus game. To trigger it you need to land 3 Scatter symbols on reels 1, 3, and 5. The Scatter symbol is represented by the powerful cube shapes known as Mother Boxes. Amazingly there are 6 different Free Spins games to play! Each one is based on a specific member of the Justice League and comes with their own bonuses and rewards. The Flash Free spins game is the first available to play as you need to keep on triggering the Free Spins bonus game in order to unlock the other Free Spins games. The full list of Free Spins games are as follows:
- The Flash: You are given 15 Free Spins and if a superhero lands on a highlighted frame then that symbol turns into an extra Wild.
- Cyborg: You receive 12 Free Spins, a highlighted frame, and an additional highlighted frame if no superhero lands in the frame.
- Aquaman: You get 10 Free Spins and all symbols that land in highlighted frames turn Wild.
- Wonder Woman: You get 7 Free Spins and anywhere from 1 to 5 highlighted frames on the reels. Any superhero symbols that land in the frames turn Wild.
- Superman: You are given 5 Free Spins and 1 giant 2x2 frame will appear on the reels where all superheroes who land in it transform into Wilds.
- Batman: You get 2 Free Spins and a much bigger frame and any superhero that lands in the frame turns all superhero symbols Wild.
The last feature to discuss is the set of 4 Progressive Jackpots. These Jackpots are part of the DC Superheroes Jackpots network and can be won at any time on any spin. The jackpots consist of Mini, Minor, Major, and Grand and the higher the bet you place increases your chances of winning one of these jackpots. Once triggered, you are taken to a new screen where you pick some jackpot symbols in order to reveal which jackpot you have won.
Top Welcome Bonus for Justice League
Theme and Graphics
Justice League features a slick presentation as the game is set among some smoldering ruins where Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons no doubt stomped their way through. The symbols are beautifully rendered on screen and consist of the various members of the Justice Leaguer along with some of their famous superhero logos. The animations are visually impressive as symbols spring into life and rotate nicely when part of a winning combination. They really come into their own when you land a big win as the screen is splashed with gold bars and coins. It is a really cool sequence.
The music is dramatic and atmospheric and taken straight from the Justice League movie soundtrack. It ties in perfectly with the superhero theme of the game.
Top games from Playtech
Win lines, Payouts and Jackpots
The game has 40 paylines, a generous RTP ranging between 96.31% - 96.33%, a maximum payout of 750X your bet, and 4 Progressive Jackpots to aim for.
Below is a summary taken from the PayOut Table from the game. The amount won for each combination depends on the value of the bet when you spin the reels:
Bet Range: 0.40, 0.80, 1.20, 1.60, 2.00, 2.40, 3.20, 4.00, 8.00, 10.00, 12.00, 16.00, 20.00, 30.00, 40.00, 80.00, 200.00, 400.00, 800.00, 1,000.00, 2,000.00
- Justice League Logo Wild Symbol: 40 for 3X, 200 for 4X, 750 for 5X
- Batman Symbol: 30 for 3X, 150 for 4X, 500 for 5X
- Superman Symbol: 25 for 3X, 125 for 4X, 400 for 5X
- Wonder Woman Symbol: 20 for 3X, 100 for 4X, 300 for 5X
- Aquaman Symbol: 7 for 3X, 50 for 4X, 150 for 5X
- Cyborg Symbol: 7 for 3X, 50 for 4X, 150 for 5X
- The Flash Symbol: 7 for 3X, 50 for 4X, 150 for 5X
- Batman Logo Symbol: 5 for 3X, 20 for 4X, 100 for 5X
- Superman Logo Symbol: 5 for 3X, 20 for 4X, 100 for 5X
- Wonder Woman Logo Symbol: 3 for 3X, 15 for 4X, 75 for 5X
- The Flash Logo Symbol: 3 for 3X, 15 for 4X, 75 for 5X
Our Verdict on Justice League
Renowned software studio Playtech produced this hugely impressive slot. Having seen Justice League and been a DC fan for many years, I am happy to report that it is a faithful adaptation of the movie. This game not only looks the business but is super easy to play and full of amazing bonus features. It is fantastic there is so much variety when it comes to Free Spins games and that each superhero is given a fair share with their own dedicated Free Spins feature. I found the Batman Free Spins game to be the most profitable as you can land Stacked Wilds on every spin, it is just a shame you cannot retrigger more. It is also satisfying to know that you can win a Progressive Jackpot on any spin including non-winning spins which should appeal to all jackpot hungry players out there. I found this game to be of High variance so you will need a decent bankroll to start off with before you start seeing a nice return.
Unite the league to land a superhero-sized payout when you play Justice League!